Retailers Need a Fresh Perspective on Crowd-Sourced Delivery
Amazon has confirmed plans to supplement its existing last-mile delivery strategy by directly hiring thousands of temporary in-house drivers to cope with peak demands this holiday season. In addition to its existing group of independent Delivery Service Partners (DSPs) using Amazon Flex and external providers such as UPS and FedEx, Amazon will be forking out as much as US$19 per hour for each new driver within this seasonal reserve fleet. Also, each driver will be provided with an Amazon Prime–branded van.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Payment & Banking Card Technologies
- Intelligent Transportation Systems Market Forecast
- NRF 2019 Supply Chain Roundup: Inventory Visibility is on the Rise
- Demand Planning and Optimization in the Supply Chain
- Seven Critical Technology Developments Driving Supply Chain Transformation