5G Fixed Wireless Broadband Service Finally Arrives
Verizon launched its long-awaited 5G fixed wireless broadband service, 5G Home, in October 2018. The service will be available in some parts of Houston, Texas; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Los Angeles and Sacramento, California. Early users can sign up for the service for the first three months in these markets. After this period, it will cost $50 per month for existing Verizon Wireless customers and $70 per month for non–Verizon Wireless customers. Verizon offers free Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) and installation to 5G Home subscribers. In addition, it offers an Apple TV or a Google Chromecast device and allows customers to access YouTube TV free of charge for the first three months. Verizon promises that 5G Home service users will get typical access speeds of 300 Megabits per Second (Mbps) and a maximum speed of 940 Mbps, depending on the location, with unlimited data access. This service is one of the first services of its kind to hit the market.
To find out more about subscribing:
- 5G Economics: Where is the Industry Heading?
- Despite the Upcoming Data Demand Boom in India, 5G Will Appear Just After 2021
- How Will Huawei Survive in the Current Hostile Global Environment?
- Microwave and Millimeter Wave Vacuum Electron Devices Top US$1 Billion Again
- T-Mobile/Sprint Merger Clears Hurdle, as Huawei Is Shunned