Volkswagen-Mobileye-Champion: A Blueprint for Autonomous Vehicle Deployment?
In October 2018, Volkswagen, Mobileye, and Champion Motors announced a Joint Venture (JV) called “New Mobility in Israel” to deploy a fully driverless ride-hailing service in Israel, with development and limited rollout scheduled for 2019 followed by full operational deployment in 2022. Volkswagen will provide an electric vehicle platform into which Mobileye will integrate a “turnkey” autonomous platform consisting of the necessary hardware and software components to enable full automation, while Champion Motors will handle fleet management and maintenance.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Google and Amazon Ready to Push Solutions from Consumer Market to Automotive
- Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Announces New Cloud Platform on Microsoft Azure as OEMs Shift toward Public Cloud Platforms
- Automotive at MWC19: C-V2X, 5G, and MEC
- Next-Generation Automotive Infotainment
- Automotive HMI Market Update