Volkswagen-Mobileye-Champion: A Blueprint for Autonomous Vehicle Deployment?
In October 2018, Volkswagen, Mobileye, and Champion Motors announced a Joint Venture (JV) called “New Mobility in Israel” to deploy a fully driverless ride-hailing service in Israel, with development and limited rollout scheduled for 2019 followed by full operational deployment in 2022. Volkswagen will provide an electric vehicle platform into which Mobileye will integrate a “turnkey” autonomous platform consisting of the necessary hardware and software components to enable full automation, while Champion Motors will handle fleet management and maintenance.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Connected Car Market Data
- Automotive Cybersecurity: Hardware and Software Approaches
- Driverless Cars Will Require a New Approach to Automotive Cybersecurity as First Driverless Cybersecurity Standard Released
- Cinemo Advances Infotainment Experience, while Enabling OEMs to Maintain Crucial Ownership of In-Vehicle Experience
- ADAS and Automation Market Data