Last Mile Delivery Leaning into Electric
Commercial vehicle OEM Workhorse began production of its new N-GEN-1000 Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) van with a 60-kWh battery pack, and a cost closely approaching those with an internal combustion engine (ICE). The van offers a 100-mile range and Level 2 DC fast charge. UPS has already ordered 1,000 of the vehicles. Workhorse aimed to produce 2,000 by the end of the year, with plans to grow to more than 10,000 per year. Ryder Systems will provide maintenance and warranty support in the field.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Commercial Battery Electric Fleets Must Address Impact of Temperature Extremes on Range
- Commercial Telematics Market Data
- Amazon Formalizes Competition with Shippers
- IoT Market Tracker: Fleet Management
- IoT Market Tracker: Transportation