AI in Telecoms - Bounded Rationality or Wider Ecosystem Game Changer?
ABI Research’s recent study of how Artificial Intelligence (AI) is being implemented in the telecoms industry underscores the fact that the ownership and technology architecture of the AI ecosystem is largely fragmented (PT-2184). With almost half of all commercial activities we tracked falling under customer management, much of the action in AI is around intelligent user interfaces, sales, and marketing. These findings highlight how AI is unfolding in the market; namely, on a per use case, per domain basis—a natural development given the monolithic environments in telecoms. The benefits that come from a narrow AI adoption notwithstanding, a harmonized AI platform may be required to enable a wide-ranging and scalable business case (AN-2557).
To find out more about subscribing:
- Carrier Strategies for Private LTE
- The Public Cloud, a Telco's Friend or Foe?
- What Lessons Must 5G Learn to Conquer End Vertical Markets?
- MVNO Exit Highlights Difficulties for Brazilian Mobile Network Operators
- Telcos' Strategies for Digital Transformation