ARM Announces New Automotive Solutions, Highlights Importance of Efficiency
This month, Arm announced that it be launching a new autonomous-class processor, the Cortex A76AE, along with software tools. The new processor focuses on being power efficient while also being safety capable to industry standards ISO 26262 Automotive Safety Integrity Level (ASIL) D. The announcement of a new processor that maximizes performance-per-watt and adheres to safety standards is part of an industry-wide shift placing an emphasis on autonomous system efficiency as products start to move from trial phase to commercialization.
To find out more about subscribing:
- IoT Market Tracker: OEM Telematics
- IoT Market Tracker: Aftermarket Telematics
- BMW and Daimler Cooperate on Smart Mobility and Autonomous Driving
- SAE “Level 2+”: Where Future Driverless Ambitions Meet Today’s Market Realities
- Connected Car Market Data