Watch Out for “Made in China” Open Source Artificial Intelligence Chipsets
In September 2018, Xiaomi-backed Huami launched the world’s first AI wearable chipset based on RISC-V architecture. The launch of the chipset brings a lot of promise for open-source AI hardware in China. As one of the largest wearable companies in the world, Huami’s adoption of RISC-V chipsets means RISC-V ISA is ready for large-scale deployment. This is a significant boost for the open-source chipset project and opens immense opportunities for AI developers and implementors alike to develop purpose-built AI chipsets.
To find out more about subscribing:
- IBM Announces US$2 Billion Investment in AI Campus, Hinting at Reentry into the Semiconductor Business
- The American AI Initiative Highlights the Needs for AI Governance on a Global Scale
- Moving Multimodal AI to the Edge
- Seven Critical Technology Developments Driving Supply Chain Transformation
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning