China Tower’s US$6.9 Billion IPO is a Part of China’s 5G Plan
China Tower Corporation (CTC) was formed in 2014 from the combined tower assets of China Mobile, China Unicom, and China Telecom. It is the world’s largest towerco, operating and managing 1.9 million towers that serve 2.7 million tenants as of December 2017, according to the company. China Mobile, China Unicom, and China Telecom currently own a 38%, 28.1%, and 27.9% stake respectively in CTC; state-owned asset manager China Guoxin Holdings owns the remaining 6%.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Intel Wants to Be First to Scale with 5G—Not First to Market
- Transformative Horizon: Indoor Wireless Networks
- 5G Fixed Wireless Broadband Service Finally Arrives
- Boosting Rural Broadband Connectivity
- Pulsed RF Power Semiconductors are Moving Upward as Defense Spending and Air Traffic Control Improvements Increase