Augmented Reality in the Cosmetic Industry:A Powerful Marketing Tool
While most organizations have adapted to the digital age and others are preparing for their takeoff, Augmented Reality (AR) has already landed and is mature enough to play a catalytic role in a corporation’s digital journey. An industry that has already started to leverage AR as a part of their digital strategy is the cosmetics industry. Global beauty brands like L’Oréal, MAC, Estee Lauder, Smashbox Cosmetics, and Bobbi Brown Cosmetics have already announced their collaboration with the Canadian tech company ModiFace (acquired by L’Oréal) and have launched their own beauty apps. The combination of face tracking and AR visual overlay allows users to virtually try a variety of beauty products before buying them by scanning their face with a camera and applying products in real-time conditions.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile AR Investment Points to a Strong 2019 for the Platform
- Two Takes at the Future of Interactive Video: Disney Planning a VR Short and Fable Looks to AI
- Augmented Reality in the Engineering and Construction Industry
- Location-Based VR Remains a Highlight in the Industry, but IMAX Shows It Is Still Early Days
- Why Big AR Names Falling Is a Positive Market Indicator