Augmented Reality in the Cosmetic Industry:A Powerful Marketing Tool
While most organizations have adapted to the digital age and others are preparing for their takeoff, Augmented Reality (AR) has already landed and is mature enough to play a catalytic role in a corporation’s digital journey. An industry that has already started to leverage AR as a part of their digital strategy is the cosmetics industry. Global beauty brands like L’Oréal, MAC, Estee Lauder, Smashbox Cosmetics, and Bobbi Brown Cosmetics have already announced their collaboration with the Canadian tech company ModiFace (acquired by L’Oréal) and have launched their own beauty apps. The combination of face tracking and AR visual overlay allows users to virtually try a variety of beauty products before buying them by scanning their face with a camera and applying products in real-time conditions.
To find out more about subscribing:
- A Wave of New Virtual Reality Hardware on the Horizon Enters an Uncertain Market
- Augmented and Virtual Reality in Education
- Microsoft’s HoloLens 2 Fosters Greater Capability for AR/MR Solutions in Enterprise
- Hot Tech Innovators: Augmented and Mixed Reality
- Microsoft and Others Use Mobile World Congress to Debut New AR Hardware and Use Cases