Augmented Reality in the Cosmetic Industry:A Powerful Marketing Tool
While most organizations have adapted to the digital age and others are preparing for their takeoff, Augmented Reality (AR) has already landed and is mature enough to play a catalytic role in a corporation’s digital journey. An industry that has already started to leverage AR as a part of their digital strategy is the cosmetics industry. Global beauty brands like L’Oréal, MAC, Estee Lauder, Smashbox Cosmetics, and Bobbi Brown Cosmetics have already announced their collaboration with the Canadian tech company ModiFace (acquired by L’Oréal) and have launched their own beauty apps. The combination of face tracking and AR visual overlay allows users to virtually try a variety of beauty products before buying them by scanning their face with a camera and applying products in real-time conditions.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Major Contracts and Investment Continue to Prove Value and Confidence in Augmented Reality
- AR Market Update: Current State and Future of Augmented and Mixed Reality
- Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, and IoT Are Necessary Components of the Digital Transformation Journey
- Augmented and Mixed Reality Company Tracker
- A New Journey in Healthcare with Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality