Augmented Reality in the Cosmetic Industry:A Powerful Marketing Tool
While most organizations have adapted to the digital age and others are preparing for their takeoff, Augmented Reality (AR) has already landed and is mature enough to play a catalytic role in a corporation’s digital journey. An industry that has already started to leverage AR as a part of their digital strategy is the cosmetics industry. Global beauty brands like L’Oréal, MAC, Estee Lauder, Smashbox Cosmetics, and Bobbi Brown Cosmetics have already announced their collaboration with the Canadian tech company ModiFace (acquired by L’Oréal) and have launched their own beauty apps. The combination of face tracking and AR visual overlay allows users to virtually try a variety of beauty products before buying them by scanning their face with a camera and applying products in real-time conditions.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Apple’s Continued Emphasis on Augmented Reality Strengthens Retail and Supports Realistic Consumer Applications
- Augmented Reality in the Cosmetic Industry:A Powerful Marketing Tool
- Augmented and Mixed Reality Devices and Enterprise Verticals
- Augmented Reality Smart Glasses and Hardware Update
- The Race Toward Technology Leadership Among AR OEMs