Why Wi-Fi Needs the 6 GHz Band
Over the next decade, Wi-Fi faces a number of difficult challenges. Key among them are the growing demands being placed upon Wi-Fi networks leading to increased congestion, performance limitations, and reduced quality of service. New Wi-Fi standards such as 802.11ax are helping to address some of these challenges; however, increasingly there is an acknowledgement that the existing unlicensed spectrum available for Wi-Fi will be insufficient in addressing the future needs of the Wi-Fi ecosystem.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Wi-Fi 6, Mesh Networking, and the Growth of More Intelligent Distributed Wi-Fi
- Wireless Connectivity Technology Segmentation & Addressable Markets
- Opportunities and Challenges for Short-Range Wireless in 2019
- Outdoor/Wide Area Location Technologies Market Update
- What Is Next After 802.11ax?