The Race Toward Technology Leadership Among AR OEMs
The Blade smart glasses announced by Vuzix at MWC 2018 have received certifications from both the United States and the European Commission in July 2018, allowing shipments to developers. Vuzix’s smart glasses lineup is mostly focused on the enterprise and industrial markets, but moving forward, the consumer market will become a significant driver of AR hardware development. Vuzix has developed mobile applications around social media, navigation, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and HD photography and videography. The Blade utilizes Vuzix’s own waveguide optics and features Digital Light Processing (DLP) technology, which offers advantages in brightness as compared to conventional refractive and reflective optics.
To find out more about subscribing:
- A Wave of New Virtual Reality Hardware on the Horizon Enters an Uncertain Market
- Augmented and Virtual Reality in Education
- Microsoft’s HoloLens 2 Fosters Greater Capability for AR/MR Solutions in Enterprise
- Hot Tech Innovators: Augmented and Mixed Reality
- Microsoft and Others Use Mobile World Congress to Debut New AR Hardware and Use Cases