The Race Toward Technology Leadership Among AR OEMs
The Blade smart glasses announced by Vuzix at MWC 2018 have received certifications from both the United States and the European Commission in July 2018, allowing shipments to developers. Vuzix’s smart glasses lineup is mostly focused on the enterprise and industrial markets, but moving forward, the consumer market will become a significant driver of AR hardware development. Vuzix has developed mobile applications around social media, navigation, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and HD photography and videography. The Blade utilizes Vuzix’s own waveguide optics and features Digital Light Processing (DLP) technology, which offers advantages in brightness as compared to conventional refractive and reflective optics.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Major Contracts and Investment Continue to Prove Value and Confidence in Augmented Reality
- AR Market Update: Current State and Future of Augmented and Mixed Reality
- Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, and IoT Are Necessary Components of the Digital Transformation Journey
- Augmented and Mixed Reality Company Tracker
- A New Journey in Healthcare with Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality