The Race Toward Technology Leadership Among AR OEMs
The Blade smart glasses announced by Vuzix at MWC 2018 have received certifications from both the United States and the European Commission in July 2018, allowing shipments to developers. Vuzix’s smart glasses lineup is mostly focused on the enterprise and industrial markets, but moving forward, the consumer market will become a significant driver of AR hardware development. Vuzix has developed mobile applications around social media, navigation, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and HD photography and videography. The Blade utilizes Vuzix’s own waveguide optics and features Digital Light Processing (DLP) technology, which offers advantages in brightness as compared to conventional refractive and reflective optics.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Super Bowl LII Promised Greater Augmented Reality Coverage, with a Possible Glimpse into the Future of Broadcast
- Consumer Augmented Reality: Current State and Forecasts
- Mobile AR Investment Points to a Strong 2019 for the Platform
- Two Takes at the Future of Interactive Video: Disney Planning a VR Short and Fable Looks to AI
- Augmented Reality in the Engineering and Construction Industry