Network Sunsets and the IoT: What’s Happening and What You Must Do
Refarming for 2G spectrum has been occurring for years without the need for any official announcement from carriers. A rebalancing act, it is conducted pragmatically on a network-by-network basis as changing capacity requirements dictate. These networks have also been cut back for the sake of Radio Access Network (RAN) power consumption. Base Transceiver Stations (BTSs) for 2G are less efficient than 3G NodeBs and Long-Term Evolution (LTE) eNBs, and decommissioning them where possible represents a significant operational cost saving for a carrier.
To find out more about subscribing:
- India Smart Meter Market Update
- Addressing Consumer Confidence in IoT and What This Means for Consumer Product OEMs
- Network Sunsets and the IoT: What’s Happening and What You Must Do
- The Evolution of Smart IoT Gateways
- Asia-Pacific Network Operator M2M Market Analysis