Network Sunsets and the IoT: What’s Happening and What You Must Do
Refarming for 2G spectrum has been occurring for years without the need for any official announcement from carriers. A rebalancing act, it is conducted pragmatically on a network-by-network basis as changing capacity requirements dictate. These networks have also been cut back for the sake of Radio Access Network (RAN) power consumption. Base Transceiver Stations (BTSs) for 2G are less efficient than 3G NodeBs and Long-Term Evolution (LTE) eNBs, and decommissioning them where possible represents a significant operational cost saving for a carrier.
To find out more about subscribing:
- The SMART IoT Act and the Continued Absence of U.S. Public Sector Guidance
- IoT Tech Expo 2018: Highlights and Key Takeaways
- Why Are MNOs Launching IoT MVNOs?
- The Right Way to Integrate IoT Connectivity? 1nce Wants to Keep It Simple
- Connected Enterprise Video Surveillance Solutions