Cloud VR, a Path to Monetization of Next-Generation Networks
In July 2018, China Mobile Fujian (Fujian Mobile) launched cloud Virtual Reality (VR) in smart home video services. China Mobile Fujian’s cloud VR service, named AND Cloud VR, will offer a wide range of services, including VR live broadcast, VR Video-on-Demand (VoD), VR IMAX experiences, VR gaming, and VR education programs. The service is powered by technical solutions from Huawei and other partners. The platform utilizes cloud Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) rendering and cloud-based service architecture to offer customers an immersive VR video experience during concerts, sport events, movies, and educational courses, using VR Head-Mounted Displays (HMDs). According to China Mobile Fujian, the cloud VR service will be offered with fiber-optic broadband supporting speeds from 100 Mbps to 1 Gbps.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Operators Embrace Next Generation Home-Networking Devices to Provide Robust Whole-Home Wi-Fi
- Set-Top Box Video System on Chip (SoC) Semiconductors
- Home Networking: Ethernet, Wi-Fi, MoCa, HomePlug, HomePNA, G.hn
- UltraViolet Shutting Down on July 31, 2019
- Hot Tech Innovators: Artificial Intelligence in Video