Cloud VR, a Path to Monetization of Next-Generation Networks
In July 2018, China Mobile Fujian (Fujian Mobile) launched cloud Virtual Reality (VR) in smart home video services. China Mobile Fujian’s cloud VR service, named AND Cloud VR, will offer a wide range of services, including VR live broadcast, VR Video-on-Demand (VoD), VR IMAX experiences, VR gaming, and VR education programs. The service is powered by technical solutions from Huawei and other partners. The platform utilizes cloud Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) rendering and cloud-based service architecture to offer customers an immersive VR video experience during concerts, sport events, movies, and educational courses, using VR Head-Mounted Displays (HMDs). According to China Mobile Fujian, the cloud VR service will be offered with fiber-optic broadband supporting speeds from 100 Mbps to 1 Gbps.
To find out more about subscribing:
- 360 Video & Virtual Reality Devices and Services
- TV as a Service: Middleware, CAS, DRM, Encoders, CDN
- Virtual CPE and Edge Computing in Digital Homes
- Pay TV and OTT Piracy Prevention Services: 2018 Update
- The Support for Higher Level DRM Is Now a Must for All Smartphone Vendors