Cloud VR, a Path to Monetization of Next-Generation Networks
In July 2018, China Mobile Fujian (Fujian Mobile) launched cloud Virtual Reality (VR) in smart home video services. China Mobile Fujian’s cloud VR service, named AND Cloud VR, will offer a wide range of services, including VR live broadcast, VR Video-on-Demand (VoD), VR IMAX experiences, VR gaming, and VR education programs. The service is powered by technical solutions from Huawei and other partners. The platform utilizes cloud Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) rendering and cloud-based service architecture to offer customers an immersive VR video experience during concerts, sport events, movies, and educational courses, using VR Head-Mounted Displays (HMDs). According to China Mobile Fujian, the cloud VR service will be offered with fiber-optic broadband supporting speeds from 100 Mbps to 1 Gbps.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile-First Strategy for Video Streaming Services in Emerging Markets
- Next Generation Video and Content Delivery: 5G, Edge Computing, Mobile Edge Computing, and Information-Centric Networking
- Over the Top (OTT) and Multiscreen Video and Digital Content
- Content Piracy Is an Increasing Threat to Pay TV and OTT
- VR Market Update: Current State and Future of Virtual Reality