Vodafone and Alibaba Highlight Importance of Partnerships in the UnTelco Race
Vodafone and Alibaba Cloud announced their partnership in November 2016, which is when Alibaba opened its first data center—hosted within Vodafone’s facility in Frankfurt—in Europe. Since then, Alibaba has increased its footprint across the globe and now claims to have 45 data centers in 18 regions, with Frankfurt being its European point of presence. Alibaba Cloud itself is a growing business; they have claimed a 23% revenue increase quarterly, with nearly 50% of the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) market share in China, and have been investing heavily in Artificial Intelligence (AI), which is in line with the Chinese central government’s goal to become an AI leader by 2030.
To find out more about subscribing:
- What Lessons Must 5G Learn to Conquer End Vertical Markets?
- MVNO Exit Highlights Difficulties for Brazilian Mobile Network Operators
- Telcos' Strategies for Digital Transformation
- White Boxes and 5G Mark a Departure from Physical Box Rigidness, but at What Cost?
- MSPs Will Lose New Opportunities Unless They Change Their Market Perspective