Despite Considerable Investment, The Personal Robot Market is Struggling
Robotics is one of the fastest growing industries on the planet. No vertical is being left untouched by the deployment of unmanned systems that utilize the benefits of improved Artificial Intelligence (AI), proliferating sensors, and ubiquitous connectivity. Yet at least one part of the market is not reaping the benefits. The personal robot market is beset both by the failures of some significant startups, and by more significant questions about the value proposition of social robots in a world where Amazon and Google dominate the smart home, and numerous studies suggest many people are ambivalent or even hostile to them.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Exoskeletons for Industrial Use Cases
- Democratizing Robotics Will Lead to Supply Chain Internalization
- The Mobile Robot Space is Quickly Getting Crowded: Collaboration, Commoditization, and Consolidation to Follow
- 5G for Critical Communications in Outdoor Robots
- Robotics in E-Commerce Fulfillment