Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
The cellular Radio Access Network (RAN) has evolved dramatically over the past 20 years. A wide range of macro and small cell solutions have been introduced into the market that can be deployed in a greenfield location, on the rooftop of a commercial building, as well as with low-profile, pole site-type solutions. Also, the number of RAN vendors has also evolved remarkably. From around 10 to 15 national and regional infrastructure vendors, the list has contracted to essentially 4 vendors: Ericsson, Huawei, Nokia, and ZTE.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Intel Wants to Be First to Scale with 5G—Not First to Market
- Transformative Horizon: Indoor Wireless Networks
- 5G Fixed Wireless Broadband Service Finally Arrives
- Boosting Rural Broadband Connectivity
- Pulsed RF Power Semiconductors are Moving Upward as Defense Spending and Air Traffic Control Improvements Increase