Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
The cellular Radio Access Network (RAN) has evolved dramatically over the past 20 years. A wide range of macro and small cell solutions have been introduced into the market that can be deployed in a greenfield location, on the rooftop of a commercial building, as well as with low-profile, pole site-type solutions. Also, the number of RAN vendors has also evolved remarkably. From around 10 to 15 national and regional infrastructure vendors, the list has contracted to essentially 4 vendors: Ericsson, Huawei, Nokia, and ZTE.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Fiber-optic is Important for 5G, but Operators Will Need a Range of Options
- 5G Emerging as Competitive Arena for Mobile Broadband, Cable, and Fixed Wireless
- Delivering a “White Box” Future for the Base-station
- RF Power Semiconductors Have Just Become a More Complex Business
- RF Power Semiconductor Devices for Mobile Wireless Infrastructure: Device Analysis for Macro Base Stations, Remote Radio Heads and Active