Telefonica is an UnTelco Example to Follow
Telefonica is one of the largest mobile service providers in the world and was recently benchmarked in terms of innovation in our Telco Innovation Benchmark, along with other top-20 operators. We assessed these mobile service providers in terms of 3GPP involvement, patents, R&D spend and open source contributions. Telefonica stood out: although it was not in the top-10 list for nearly all of these metrics, it was the top performer in terms of R&D spend. We interpreted this exceptional behavior as Telefonica investing heavily in its internal transformation, which rarely translates to external activities including patents and 3GPP contributions. However, we were not entirely certain this was the case.
To find out more about subscribing:
- MSPs Will Lose New Opportunities Unless They Change Their Market Perspective
- Telco Infrastructure Vendors Need to Ride a Wave of Creative Destruction to Address Industrial Verticals
- Vendors Are Now Using Private LTE as a Trojan Horse to Enter Industry Verticals
- Mobile Service Providers Can Use Payment and Finance as Building Blocks for the Digital World
- AI in Telecoms - Bounded Rationality or Wider Ecosystem Game Changer?