Adoption of Global Asset Tracking Solutions Will Accelerate with North American Telcos’ Backing of NB-IoT
On June 20, 2018, AT&T announced plans to launch NB-IoT in the United States early next year, followed by Mexico by the end of 2019. Like LTE-M, NB-IoT technology will be deployed through software upgrades at cell sites across the United States and Mexico. According to AT&T, NB-IoT is suited to meet basic data requirements, while LTE-M supports Internet of Things (IoT) use cases, which require higher bandwidth for firmware and software updates, mobility, and Voice Over LTE (VoLTE) services.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Latin America Network Operator M2M Market Analysis
- Can Electronics Distributors Become the Next Center of Gravity for IoT Solution Enablement?
- MVNO Exit Highlights Difficulties for Brazilian Mobile Network Operators
- Additive Manufacturing, Spare Part Perpetuity, and the Rise of the Microfactory
- The IoT Network That Has Always Been There