A US$1 Billion Industrial IoT Partnership: Who Wins?
PTC and Rockwell Automation are aggressively jockeying for position in the digital domain to help customers transform their physical operations. As of June 11, 2018, PTC and Rockwell entered a US$1 billion equity agreement to align their respective smart factory technologies, namely, PTC’s ThingWorx IoT, Kepware, and Vuforia, and Rockwell’s FactoryTalk MES, FactoryTalk Analytics, and Industrial Automation platforms, for an integrated solution offering whereby Rockwell becomes the preferred delivery and implementation provider and PTC assumes the role of IT/OT technology enabler.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Internet of Everything Market Tracker
- Orange's Veolia Win Shows There Are Legs in LoraWAN despite LTE-M and Sigfox Challenge
- The New Space Race: How Nanosatellite Startups Will Impact the IoT Connectivity Landscape
- Commercial Building Automation: Wired and Wireless Control in Building Automation and Building Management Systems
- M2M Embedded Cellular Modules