A US$1 Billion Industrial IoT Partnership: Who Wins?
PTC and Rockwell Automation are aggressively jockeying for position in the digital domain to help customers transform their physical operations. As of June 11, 2018, PTC and Rockwell entered a US$1 billion equity agreement to align their respective smart factory technologies, namely, PTC’s ThingWorx IoT, Kepware, and Vuforia, and Rockwell’s FactoryTalk MES, FactoryTalk Analytics, and Industrial Automation platforms, for an integrated solution offering whereby Rockwell becomes the preferred delivery and implementation provider and PTC assumes the role of IT/OT technology enabler.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Is IPR the Poisoned Chalice for the IoT?
- Agriculture's Digital Transformation - AgTech and Farming
- The Internet of Things: Testing the Waters
- Partnership Reality Check: Vodafone Needs IBM Today and IBM Needs Vodafone Tomorrow
- ABB Ability—Strengthening Customer Relationships and Enhancing the Power of the Control Loop