A US$1 Billion Industrial IoT Partnership: Who Wins?
PTC and Rockwell Automation are aggressively jockeying for position in the digital domain to help customers transform their physical operations. As of June 11, 2018, PTC and Rockwell entered a US$1 billion equity agreement to align their respective smart factory technologies, namely, PTC’s ThingWorx IoT, Kepware, and Vuforia, and Rockwell’s FactoryTalk MES, FactoryTalk Analytics, and Industrial Automation platforms, for an integrated solution offering whereby Rockwell becomes the preferred delivery and implementation provider and PTC assumes the role of IT/OT technology enabler.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Will T-Mobile's NB-IoT Undercut Verizon and AT&T’s LTE-M Offerings?
- Adoption of Global Asset Tracking Solutions Will Accelerate with North American Telcos’ Backing of NB-IoT
- M2M Embedded Cellular Modules
- Analyst Recommendations for Huawei’s IoT Strategy
- A Closer Look at Cloud Robotics – The Distant Future of Robotics