Why Operators Should Reposition as “eSIM Companies”
Operators largely remain in the preparation phase as it pertains to the eSIM and are still fleshing out and making the required changes to infrastructure, backend systems, and business processes, in order to fully support eSIM devices. In terms of device types, operators are beginning to lower their resistance. It is fair to say that the majority of operators are keen to support eSIM in devices, which they have failed to monetize to a high level or in devices that were previously unconnected. This is viewed as a greenfield opportunity, but resistance by some operators remains at the handset level where SIM peddling continues as a business strategy, particularly those who operate in pre-paid dominant markets. In addition, the established nature of the handset market, business processes, and systems present another market barrier.
To find out more about subscribing:
- The Evolution of Smart IoT Gateways
- U.S. Contactless Payment Card Migration – The Question is not if, but How
- eSIM and The Consumer Market
- Digital Authentication and Embedded Security Market Data
- The Next Evolutionary Step for IoT Gateways