European MNOs and the Rise of LPWANs
The European network operator M2M market is not only extremely fragmented but also highly competitive. In 2015, 12 network operators—Bouygues Telecom, Deutsche Telekom, EE, KPN, O2, Orange, SFR, Telecom Italia, Telefonica, Telenor, TeliaSonera, and Vodafone—had 98.6% of the cellular M2M connections in Europe. In 2016, those same 12 operators had a collective market share of 88.3% of European M2M connections. In 2017, that market share fell to 79%. ABI Research expects that the collective market share will fall to 72.4% by the end of 2018. Within Europe, network operators are split into two separate groups—each target international and domestic markets, with international markets comprised of larger corporations operating in multiple countries, whereas domestic markets are composed of national governments and utility or service providers.
To find out more about subscribing:
- India Smart Meter Market Update
- Addressing Consumer Confidence in IoT and What This Means for Consumer Product OEMs
- Network Sunsets and the IoT: What’s Happening and What You Must Do
- The Evolution of Smart IoT Gateways
- Asia-Pacific Network Operator M2M Market Analysis