Pay-TV Operators Increasingly Embrace Android TV–Based Devices
Hong Kong pay-TV operator PCCW Media launched a new Over-the-Top (OTT) platform named Now E in May 2018. PCCW Media has partnerships with HBO, MOViE MOViE, Now Baogu, Viu, and others to provide content from the United States as well as Asia (including Asian drama series, movies, and sports content). The upcoming 2018 FIFA World Cup will also be available in Now E sports content. PCCW Media introduced the Now E Android TV box—the first Android box offered by the Hong Kong operator—for its customers to access the Now E service. The Now E Android box is priced at HK$1,288 (US$164), which includes access to the FIFA World Cup Pass, ViuTV (for 12 months), and other content. In addition to streaming through Now E box, the service can be accessed by downloading the Now E app on a wide range of devices, including smartphones, tablets, and Personal Computers (PCs). Each user can register up to five devices and watch two concurrent streams.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Operators Embrace Next Generation Home-Networking Devices to Provide Robust Whole-Home Wi-Fi
- Set-Top Box Video System on Chip (SoC) Semiconductors
- Home Networking: Ethernet, Wi-Fi, MoCa, HomePlug, HomePNA, G.hn
- UltraViolet Shutting Down on July 31, 2019
- Hot Tech Innovators: Artificial Intelligence in Video