The Cellular IoT Module Market is Now Worth More Than US$2 Billion a Year
The cellular Machine-to-Machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) module market has reached an annual net worth of over US$2 billion. One of the biggest surprises of 2017 was the great proliferation of 2G shipments thanks to the huge reduction in Average Selling Price (ASP) of this well-commoditized technology. Meanwhile, a disproportionately large share of the module market value was thanks to 4G, which, despite its presently low share of shipments, represents the inevitable future of the cellular IoT business.
To find out more about subscribing:
- The Evolution of Smart IoT Gateways
- Asia-Pacific Network Operator M2M Market Analysis
- PTC LiveWorx 2018: Evolving to Become the “Digital Thread” for Enterprise Transformation
- South Korean MNO’s Targeting the Consumer IoT
- Asset Tracking: Market Opportunities in the Era of LPWA