The Cellular IoT Module Market is Now Worth More Than US$2 Billion a Year
The cellular Machine-to-Machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) module market has reached an annual net worth of over US$2 billion. One of the biggest surprises of 2017 was the great proliferation of 2G shipments thanks to the huge reduction in Average Selling Price (ASP) of this well-commoditized technology. Meanwhile, a disproportionately large share of the module market value was thanks to 4G, which, despite its presently low share of shipments, represents the inevitable future of the cellular IoT business.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Latin America Network Operator M2M Market Analysis
- Can Electronics Distributors Become the Next Center of Gravity for IoT Solution Enablement?
- MVNO Exit Highlights Difficulties for Brazilian Mobile Network Operators
- Additive Manufacturing, Spare Part Perpetuity, and the Rise of the Microfactory
- The IoT Network That Has Always Been There