Uber Fatal Crash Highlights Need for Safety System Independence
In March 2018, an experimental Uber autonomous vehicle struck and killed a pedestrian in Arizona. This was the first fatal accident of its kind and it sent shockwaves through the automotive market, resulting in mass speculation about the cause and some companies suspending their autonomous vehicle trials as a precaution.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Volkswagen-Mobileye-Champion: A Blueprint for Autonomous Vehicle Deployment?
- Denso Announces Mobility-Focused Strategy as Tier Ones Attempt to Address Rapidly Changing Ecosystem
- Autonomous Vehicle Ecosystem Analysis
- Off-loading Onboard Computing in Driverless Vehicles: Role of HD Maps, 5G, and the (Edge) Cloud
- ARM Announces New Automotive Solutions, Highlights Importance of Efficiency