Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality over Wireless Networks Gaining Momentum in Industrial Sector
Augmented Reality (AR) is growing in presence in industrial applications like smart manufacturing. Ericsson has recently used AR for troubleshooting at its own production sites in Tallinn, Estonia, and is expanding its use to other Ericsson sites like China. By using augmented reality troubleshooting (ART), the engineers can solve tricky issues with just-in-time fault-finding data and immediate information sharing, which can boost productivity by 50%. All of this requires a reliable, low-latency, high-bandwidth connection for sustained and high-fidelity AR experience.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Microsoft and Others Use Mobile World Congress to Debut New AR Hardware and Use Cases
- How AR and VR Will Affect the Hiring and Recruitment Process
- Super Bowl LII Promised Greater Augmented Reality Coverage, with a Possible Glimpse into the Future of Broadcast
- Consumer Augmented Reality: Current State and Forecasts
- Mobile AR Investment Points to a Strong 2019 for the Platform