Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality over Wireless Networks Gaining Momentum in Industrial Sector
Augmented Reality (AR) is growing in presence in industrial applications like smart manufacturing. Ericsson has recently used AR for troubleshooting at its own production sites in Tallinn, Estonia, and is expanding its use to other Ericsson sites like China. By using augmented reality troubleshooting (ART), the engineers can solve tricky issues with just-in-time fault-finding data and immediate information sharing, which can boost productivity by 50%. All of this requires a reliable, low-latency, high-bandwidth connection for sustained and high-fidelity AR experience.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Augmented and Mixed Reality Company Tracker
- A New Journey in Healthcare with Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
- Augmented Reality Knowledge: Shifting Discussion from Use to Value, No Matter the Market
- Apple’s Continued Emphasis on Augmented Reality Strengthens Retail and Supports Realistic Consumer Applications
- Augmented Reality in the Cosmetic Industry:A Powerful Marketing Tool