Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality over Wireless Networks Gaining Momentum in Industrial Sector
Augmented Reality (AR) is growing in presence in industrial applications like smart manufacturing. Ericsson has recently used AR for troubleshooting at its own production sites in Tallinn, Estonia, and is expanding its use to other Ericsson sites like China. By using augmented reality troubleshooting (ART), the engineers can solve tricky issues with just-in-time fault-finding data and immediate information sharing, which can boost productivity by 50%. All of this requires a reliable, low-latency, high-bandwidth connection for sustained and high-fidelity AR experience.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Location-Based VR Remains a Highlight in the Industry, but IMAX Shows It Is Still Early Days
- Why Big AR Names Falling Is a Positive Market Indicator
- Tesla Joins the AR Fray as the Automotive Industry Leads a Push Toward the Digitization Horizon
- Major Contracts and Investment Continue to Prove Value and Confidence in Augmented Reality
- VR Market Update: Current State and Future of Virtual Reality