Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality over Wireless Networks Gaining Momentum in Industrial Sector
Augmented Reality (AR) is growing in presence in industrial applications like smart manufacturing. Ericsson has recently used AR for troubleshooting at its own production sites in Tallinn, Estonia, and is expanding its use to other Ericsson sites like China. By using augmented reality troubleshooting (ART), the engineers can solve tricky issues with just-in-time fault-finding data and immediate information sharing, which can boost productivity by 50%. All of this requires a reliable, low-latency, high-bandwidth connection for sustained and high-fidelity AR experience.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Augmented and Mixed Reality Devices and Enterprise Verticals
- Augmented Reality Smart Glasses and Hardware Update
- The Race Toward Technology Leadership Among AR OEMs
- Next Steps for Augmented Reality: The Danger of Hype and Mismanaged Expectations in a Nascent Market
- Augmented Reality in 1H 2018: Remote Expertise, the Augmented Reality Cloud, and Real Mobile Capability