Bringing Distributed Ledgers to Automotive: The Mobility Open Blockchain Initiative
The recently launched Mobility Open Blockchain Initiative (MOBI) consortium is a nonprofit organization set up to enhance digital mobility services in terms of efficiency, affordability, sustainability, and safety through the adoption of blockchain and distributed ledgers technologies across the entire mobility services value chain. The wider aim is to use blockchain to reinvent mobility and enable industry transformation through open and inclusive ecosystem dynamics and interoperable open-source technology approaches. Blockchain technologies are considered critical in terms of their built-in trust and transparency; they eliminate fraud and improve monetization opportunities while reducing ecosystem friction and transaction costs. At the same time, blockchain will redefine the vehicle ownership and user experience. MOBI aims at defining future standards for blockchain in automotive.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Connected Car Market Data
- Automotive Cybersecurity: Hardware and Software Approaches
- Driverless Cars Will Require a New Approach to Automotive Cybersecurity as First Driverless Cybersecurity Standard Released
- Urban Resilience: A New Smart Cities Objective
- Additive Manufacturing, Spare Part Perpetuity, and the Rise of the Microfactory