Facilitating Blockchain Development: Workbenches and Cloud Services
A number of interesting blockchain announcements have surfaced recently and they are priming the market for blockchain application development. The first is the release by Microsoft of its Azure Blockchain Workbench, which is targeted at developers to help them build blockchain applications on Azure. The second is Amazon’s introduction of managed and certified Amazon Web Services (AWS) CloudFormation Blockchain Templates for developers to deploy applications on Ethereum and Hyperledger Fabric. Both frameworks are looking to enable developers to focus on creating applications by automating some of the network and infrastructure setup. The underlying idea is to get them to develop applications faster and therefore shorten time to market (and preferably on their cloud service). The race is on to become the cloud platform of choice for blockchain applications beyond cryptocurrencies.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Blockchain-as-a-Service Competitive Assessment
- Supply Chains get a Blockchain Boost with IBM Food Trust
- Blockchain in the Supply Chain: Reducing Friction for Faster and More Efficient Logistics
- Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology
- Blockchain for Industrial Control Systems