Automotive Sensor Data Crowdsourcing: Leveraging Automotive Megatrends to Transform Connected Car Services
The role of connectivity in the car is reaching an inflection point. In the past, connected car functions were confined to telematics and infotainment functions, keeping the driver safe, secure, informed, and entertained with services that were largely superficial, or which were intended to emulate typical digital experiences (from smartphones in particular) in a way that was safe on the move. In the future smart mobility context, connectivity will play a mission-critical role, enabling driverless operation, fleet management and remote diagnostics/predictive maintenance. Embedded connectivity will cease to be a “nice-to-have” feature to inform or entertain passengers and drivers, and will be a “must-have” technology that has a tangible impact on personal mobility. These new applications/paradigms include over-the-air software, firmware and map updates, prognostics and predictive maintenance, Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) communications, and massive sensor crowdsourcing.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Google and Amazon Ready to Push Solutions from Consumer Market to Automotive
- Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Announces New Cloud Platform on Microsoft Azure as OEMs Shift toward Public Cloud Platforms
- Automotive at MWC19: C-V2X, 5G, and MEC
- Next-Generation Automotive Infotainment
- Automotive HMI Market Update