Automotive Sensor Data Crowdsourcing: Leveraging Automotive Megatrends to Transform Connected Car Services
The role of connectivity in the car is reaching an inflection point. In the past, connected car functions were confined to telematics and infotainment functions, keeping the driver safe, secure, informed, and entertained with services that were largely superficial, or which were intended to emulate typical digital experiences (from smartphones in particular) in a way that was safe on the move. In the future smart mobility context, connectivity will play a mission-critical role, enabling driverless operation, fleet management and remote diagnostics/predictive maintenance. Embedded connectivity will cease to be a “nice-to-have” feature to inform or entertain passengers and drivers, and will be a “must-have” technology that has a tangible impact on personal mobility. These new applications/paradigms include over-the-air software, firmware and map updates, prognostics and predictive maintenance, Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) communications, and massive sensor crowdsourcing.
To find out more about subscribing:
- SAE “Level 2+”: Where Future Driverless Ambitions Meet Today’s Market Realities
- Connected Car Market Data
- Automotive Cybersecurity: Hardware and Software Approaches
- Driverless Cars Will Require a New Approach to Automotive Cybersecurity as First Driverless Cybersecurity Standard Released
- Cinemo Advances Infotainment Experience, while Enabling OEMs to Maintain Crucial Ownership of In-Vehicle Experience