With recent examples appearing of retailers deploying innovative AI and robotics solutions, it remains to be seen how quickly the wider industry will adopt these potentially game-changing technologies. Amazon Go – reliant on AI, machine vision and intelligent automation – is widely tipped to establish itself as a future operating model in the grocery sector. While the use of automated pickers in e-commerce fulfillment by the likes of Ocado and the emergence of Fellow and Bossanova robots in brick and mortar retail also suggest an automated revolution will soon transform the industry. However, the enormous cost of these solutions combined with social and operational barriers may mean the imminent marriage of AI and robotics in retail is further away than initial case studies would suggest. By examining market trends, real life use cases, and the market’s key players, it's possible to see how the future of retail will be impacted by smart, automated solutions.
Our webinar explored the following questions:
- What are the main use cases for AI and robotics, and will more emerge?
- Which companies are leading the way? From a retailer perspective and a solution provider perspective?
- Which barriers are most likely to inhibit adoption, and how likely are these to be removed?
- Which use cases/companies will be first to deploy and when?
- How will AI/Robotics affect human employees and operations?