Analyzing the Market Adoption of LED Streetlights versus Smart Streetlights
Across the world, cities are increasingly investing in energy-efficient street lighting by replacing them with Light-Emitting Diode (LED) luminaires that lower energy consumption and significantly reduce operation and maintenance costs. Globally, countries and cities have introduced ambitious programs to upgrade to LED streetlights to reduce the carbon footprint and help achieve national carbon-emission targets. Although LED streetlights are witnessing significant investment and adoption worldwide, these initiatives have had a relatively minor impact on the adoption of networked or smart street lighting solutions.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Helium in 2019: Can it Create a Community of Believers?
- Internet of Everything Market Tracker
- Orange's Veolia Win Shows There Are Legs in LoraWAN despite LTE-M and Sigfox Challenge
- The New Space Race: How Nanosatellite Startups Will Impact the IoT Connectivity Landscape
- Commercial Building Automation: Wired and Wireless Control in Building Automation and Building Management Systems