The Future of Automotive Tier One Suppliers in a Smart Mobility Context
As the automotive industry continues its transformation from selling products to providing mobility services based on driverless vehicles, the impact reverberates across the supply chain, with Tier Ones being notably affected. Tier Ones face an enormous challenge in maintaining their traditional role as system integrators, given the range of technologies (high-performance computing platforms, new sensor types, high bandwidth networking protocols, and a host of connected services vital to maintaining the vehicle throughout its life cycle) that are required to enable level 4 and 5 autonomous driving. This is exacerbated by the ambitious deadlines their traditional original equipment manufacturer (OEM) customers are setting for commercial implementation of fully autonomous driving.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Google and Amazon Ready to Push Solutions from Consumer Market to Automotive
- Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Announces New Cloud Platform on Microsoft Azure as OEMs Shift toward Public Cloud Platforms
- Automotive at MWC19: C-V2X, 5G, and MEC
- Next-Generation Automotive Infotainment
- Automotive HMI Market Update