5G Fixed Wireless Broadband Launch Getting Closer with Samsung’s Hardware Launch
Samsung Electronics unveiled its 5G fixed wireless access (FWA) equipment at Mobile World Congress 2018. Samsung’s 5G FWA equipment uses a 28 GHz frequency band, and the product line includes indoor and outdoor 5G home routers; 5G radio access network (RAN), including radio access unit and virtualized RAN (vRAN); next-generation core; and radio frequency planning services and tools. Samsung has been contributing to 5G development since 2012, and its 5G FWA equipment has undergone field trials in multiple markets, including the United States and Europe. In February 2018, Samsung’s 5G FWA products received regulatory approval by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
To find out more about subscribing:
- Advertising Technologies in Video Services
- Device Vendors Getting Ready for 5G Fixed Wireless Broadband Deployments
- Augmented and Virtual Reality in Education
- LTE and 5G Fixed Broadband Market Update
- Cloud Gaming Ramping Up with Google Stadia and Wide-Reaching, Multi-Market Impact