The Checkout-Free Future of Retail May Have to Wait in Line
Shoptalk 2018 highlighted a major development in the smart retail sector last week as AVA Retail revealed more details about its plans to eliminate the physical point of sale in a brick and mortar setting. The company has revealed how its SmoothShop and SmartTrack features will enable the replication of the much-hyped “just walk out” experience already offered by Amazon Go, a model envisaged by many to be the future of in-store retail.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Payment & Banking Card Technologies
- NRF 2019 Supply Chain Roundup: Inventory Visibility is on the Rise
- Demand Planning and Optimization in the Supply Chain
- Seven Critical Technology Developments Driving Supply Chain Transformation
- On-Demand Warehousing to Become a Key Component in the Agile Supply Chain