Wearable Devices in the Winter Olympics and Paralympics Help Bring Technology to the Forefront
With the number of use cases for wearable devices steadily on the rise, it is not surprising to see the technology entering various sporting activities—most recently, the Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games. Wearables that were in use at these Games included those that improve athletes’ performance, provide heating during the opening ceremonies, offer a hands-free payment system, and aid partially sighted participants. The technology helped the athletes during training and participation in the Olympics, and its use in the Games raised awareness about the benefits and use cases for wearable devices.
To find out more about subscribing:
- 5G Smartphones Move beyond the Hype at MWC 2019
- Fitbit Brings Wearables to the Masses with the Launch of Cheaper Devices
- eSIM In The Consumer & M2M Markets
- New Smartphone, Tablet, and Wearable Form Factors and Technologies
- Future Smartphone Market Set to Take a More Flexible Approach