Wearable Devices in the Winter Olympics and Paralympics Help Bring Technology to the Forefront
With the number of use cases for wearable devices steadily on the rise, it is not surprising to see the technology entering various sporting activities—most recently, the Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games. Wearables that were in use at these Games included those that improve athletes’ performance, provide heating during the opening ceremonies, offer a hands-free payment system, and aid partially sighted participants. The technology helped the athletes during training and participation in the Olympics, and its use in the Games raised awareness about the benefits and use cases for wearable devices.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Plantronics Pumps US$2 billion into Polycom in Open-Plan Office Smarts Pair Off
- Wearable Devices in the Winter Olympics and Paralympics Help Bring Technology to the Forefront
- Inside the Battle for Dominance in Wearable User Interface
- Safety Wearables Could Help to Save US Businesses US$200 Billion Annually on Insurance and Treatments from Workplace Injuries
- Wearable Device User Interface and User Experience