CIO Strategic Guidance: Hyperconvergence at the Edge
Enterprises started implementing hyperconverged infrastructure in data centers half a decade ago. Hyperconverged infrastructure combines software-defined storage (SDS) and networking with virtualized computing over a hypervisor all on commercial, off-the-shelf (COTS) servers. SDS empowers end users to manage data independent of underlying hardware. A hypervisor or virtual machine monitor (VMM) creates and runs virtual machines (VMs). VMs execute multiple operating systems on the same physical server or machine. Hypervisor software presents a single administrative platform to run the VMs. Therefore, hyperconverged infrastructure presents a single administrative platform to manage data from multiple VMs on COTS servers.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Transportation Management Systems and the Logistics Evolution
- Contactless Ticketing Smart Card Technologies
- Contactless Ticketing Secure IC Technologies
- Intelligent Transportation Systems Market Forecast
- A Closer Look at Cloud Robotics – The Distant Future of Robotics