Mobile Performance and Next Generation Applications Given Boost by New LTE Modem
Qualcomm’s Snapdragon X24 LTE modem provides the mobile market with a significant step up in speed and features, offering mobile carriers greater network efficiency and a much needed boost to cope with the growing generation of data hungry mobile applications. It also gives smartphone vendors the opportunity to provide power-efficient connectivity and enhanced mobile experiences, showcasing a first real tangible glimpse of what is to come with 5G. The Snapdragon X24 LTE modem has started sampling to Qualcomm’s OEM partners and the first commercial devices are expected by the end of 2018. Will device OEMs embrace enhanced LTE with a view to preparing for 5G or will they remain cautious?
To find out more about subscribing:
- Smartphone Market in Need of Key Transformative Technologies to Stimulate Replacement Cycles
- How Does Sony’s New Camera Sensor Fit into the Smartphone Camera Market?
- eSIM and The Consumer Market
- Emergent Mobile Device Technology Trend Analysis
- Emergent Mobile Device Technology Tracker