802.11ax Wi-Fi Ecosystem Taking Shape but Challenges Ahead
The race to IEEE 802.11ax Wi-Fi is on. Qualcomm’s recently unveiled WCN3998 solution is the latest addition to a growing number of pre-standard or 802.11ax “ready” chipsets hitting the market, following on from previous announcements by Qualcomm, Broadcom, Marvell, Quantenna, Intel and Celeno, that have predominantly targeted the access point space. Some of these access point chipsets are already being supported in commercial networking products, with the likes of ASUS, D-Link, H3C and Huawei having already introduced early 802.11ax ready access point and gateways to the market.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Bluetooth Beacon Technologies: Use Cases and Market Opportunities
- Hot Tech Innovators: Wireless Connectivity
- Samsung and Broadcom Partner to Deliver the World's First Wi-Fi 6 Smartphone
- Wi-Fi 6, Mesh Networking, and the Growth of More Intelligent Distributed Wi-Fi
- Wireless Connectivity Technology Segmentation & Addressable Markets