Is Voice Control the Webscale Trojan Horse into the Car?
At CES 2018, Toyota announced it would be partnering with Amazon to integrate Alexa into its infotainment platform, Enform. The software rollout of Entune 3.0 and Lexus Enform 2.0 will be provided as an update to select 2018 models over the course of 2018 and 2019. The Alexa integration will allow users to control in-car entertainment experiences, access Alexa skills such as news and weather applications, and allow users to control connected smart home devices.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Connected Car Market Data
- Automotive Cybersecurity: Hardware and Software Approaches
- Driverless Cars Will Require a New Approach to Automotive Cybersecurity as First Driverless Cybersecurity Standard Released
- Cinemo Advances Infotainment Experience, while Enabling OEMs to Maintain Crucial Ownership of In-Vehicle Experience
- ADAS and Automation Market Data