Cellular Location-as-a-Service: A New Revenue Stream For Carriers?
Most mobile network operators (MNOs) are experiencing declining average revenue per user (ARPU) as increasing competition and regulation have resulted in lower prices for voice calls. This factor, along with limited subscriber growth potential in regions where mobile phone subscription penetration is high, has increasingly led MNOs to focus on value-added services for generating revenue. These services include location-based services (LBS) that have been part of many MNOs’ service portfolios to enable traditional handset applications like navigation.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Location Technologies Supply Chain and Ecosystem Tracker
- Webinar: Location Platforms, Value Chain Analysis, Technology Innovation, and Business Transformation
- Cellular and LPWAN Location Technologies
- Cellular Location-as-a-Service: A New Revenue Stream For Carriers?
- Hot Tech Innovators - Location Technologies