Inside the Battle for Dominance in Wearable User Interface
Due to the proliferation of wearables and advancement of technologies, there has been a convoluted war going on at the front lines of user interface (UI). It is essentially a proxy war, fought not by the UI component manufacturers, but by device manufacturers that are seeking for the right UI to accelerate customer adoptions and enhance user experience. New UIs such as voice, eye tracking, gesture, proximity sensor, and augmented reality are starting to become critical for new user experiences (UX). Case in point, ABI Research has just released a teardown report looking at Motiv’s fitness tracker ring, which rely exclusively on gesture control.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Wearable Device Market Share and Forecasts
- Wearables Operating Systems and Platforms
- Plantronics Pumps US$2 billion into Polycom in Open-Plan Office Smarts Pair Off
- Wearable Devices in the Winter Olympics and Paralympics Help Bring Technology to the Forefront
- Inside the Battle for Dominance in Wearable User Interface