Do Satellite Communications Threaten Telcos and Their 5G Plans for Vertical Markets?
Satellite companies are expanding to provide broadband services and often viewed as yet another way to connect the unconnected. Features like improved latency, remote coverage, decreasing costs, and global coverage could either provide a complementary technology or increase the competition between satellite broadband and 5G providers. An increasing number of satellite companies are eying the provision of broadband services. Will these new players and technologies shake up the world of telco operators? What will be the impact of satellite communications on 5G and its innovative business model?
To find out more about subscribing:
- Will Rakuten Deservedly Become the King of Mobile Network Technology?
- MWC Says 5G Is Here: Maybe for Consumers, but Surely Not for Verticals
- The “Strategy Paradox” in a 5G Era—Ericsson, Huawei, and Nokia Must Embrace “Options” Now to Have Options in the Future
- Network Functions Virtualization Tracker and Forecasts
- Is There Still Something to Look Forward to at MWC19?