Smart Manufacturing Sensors: Strategic Guidance for Anticipating the Demands of the IIoT
Demand for data, and therefore sensors, has soared since the start of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) revolution. Even before that, manufacturers started to switch from analog to digital sensors to improve access to data, and approximately 70% have already made that switch. At first, the increase in the number of sensors applied to motion, position, environmental, and current sensors. Now, the types of sensors have started to vary further to include acoustic, ultrasonic, infrared, video, and industrial machine vision equipment. The demand for more and more varied sensors has boomed because manufacturers need them to support new use cases ranging from digital twins to digital products and process inspection and monitoring.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Generative Design in Industrial Applications
- Generative Engineering in Smart Manufacturing
- Smart Manufacturing in Automotive
- Webinar: What Should Automotive Vendors Prioritize When Targeting the Automotive Industry?
- Public Cloud Vendors Getting Into Cloud Robotics Game