WiGig in 2018 – Alive, but Not Kicking
As another Consumer Electronics Show (CES) passes, another year goes by where WiGig (802.11ad) fails to gain major traction in the consumer market. Despite the first 802.11ad-enabled smartphone arriving to the market in September 2017 in the form of the Asus ZenFone 4 Pro, there were no major new 802.11ad devices unveiled at CES 2018, and previous momentum for the technology in terms of new product announcements, chipset availability, and collaboration between key industry players appears to be slowing down considerably.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Bluetooth Beacon Technologies: Use Cases and Market Opportunities
- Hot Tech Innovators: Wireless Connectivity
- Samsung and Broadcom Partner to Deliver the World's First Wi-Fi 6 Smartphone
- Wi-Fi 6, Mesh Networking, and the Growth of More Intelligent Distributed Wi-Fi
- Wireless Connectivity Technology Segmentation & Addressable Markets