HVAC’s IoT Transformation Is Just Beginning: AHR Expo 2018
ABI Research analysts recently attended the AHR Expo show in Chicago. The expo featured more than 2,000 exhibitors of air conditioning, heating, refrigeration, and ventilation products, from valve and sensor hardware to room-size dehumidification systems. Its relevance to the IoT is twofold. First, it is a market of hundreds of smaller companies that ultimately support a key IoT segment of building automation systems. Second, while its overall IoT maturity would be considered low, IoT value and investment cut across the maturity spectrum. This insight highlights the top four IoT activities demonstrated by suppliers at the show and what this means for the broader IoT market.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Helium in 2019: Can it Create a Community of Believers?
- Internet of Everything Market Tracker
- Orange's Veolia Win Shows There Are Legs in LoraWAN despite LTE-M and Sigfox Challenge
- The New Space Race: How Nanosatellite Startups Will Impact the IoT Connectivity Landscape
- Commercial Building Automation: Wired and Wireless Control in Building Automation and Building Management Systems