HVAC’s IoT Transformation Is Just Beginning: AHR Expo 2018
ABI Research analysts recently attended the AHR Expo show in Chicago. The expo featured more than 2,000 exhibitors of air conditioning, heating, refrigeration, and ventilation products, from valve and sensor hardware to room-size dehumidification systems. Its relevance to the IoT is twofold. First, it is a market of hundreds of smaller companies that ultimately support a key IoT segment of building automation systems. Second, while its overall IoT maturity would be considered low, IoT value and investment cut across the maturity spectrum. This insight highlights the top four IoT activities demonstrated by suppliers at the show and what this means for the broader IoT market.
To find out more about subscribing:
- The SMART IoT Act and the Continued Absence of U.S. Public Sector Guidance
- IoT Tech Expo 2018: Highlights and Key Takeaways
- Why Are MNOs Launching IoT MVNOs?
- The Right Way to Integrate IoT Connectivity? 1nce Wants to Keep It Simple
- Connected Enterprise Video Surveillance Solutions