The Role of CASBs Expands: Cisco's Cloudlock Moves to Safeguard OAuth
A couple of months ago (October 2017), cloud security company Cloudlock expanded its digital security arsenal to incorporate OAuth-based technology to counter malware and exploits. The solution attempts to proactively blacklist OAuth malware by leveraging cloud-based Data Loss Prevention (DLP), machine learning, User Entity and Behavioral Analytics (UEBA) and, perhaps most importantly, pervasive app discovery. It would seem that Cloudlock’s solutions have certainly evolved since Cisco acquired the company in August 2016. This is not only a noteworthy update in an increasingly IP-connected world but also significantly expands upon the role of Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASBs).
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Identities and Derived Credentials
- Contactless Ticketing Smart Card Technologies
- The IT versus OT Conundrum Brings New Cybersecurity Challenges for Connected Industrial Control Systems
- Payment & Banking Card Technologies Market Update
- eSIM: Consumer, M2M, and IoT Market Update