Hilton and Other Hotel Brands Extend the Smart Home into the Hotel
Global hotel and hospitality giant, Hilton, says it will roll out smart home capabilities across its U.S. hotels next year. The rollout will follow current beta testing of its Connected Room technology in a single U.S. Hilton hotel. Hilton has 5,100 properties worldwide and, as other hotel giants increasingly looking to smart home technology adoption, we could be at the start of a broad revolution in hospitality. Hilton’s plans are of note because its technology extends control of room temperature, lighting systems, screens and appliances to a Hilton app on the guest’s own mobile device.
To find out more about subscribing:
- The Emerging Role for Smart Homes in the Smart City
- Alphabet Reveals Nest Losses and Its Own Smart Home Commitment
- Webinar: Smart Mobility, Smart Cities, and Smart Home: the Holy Trinity for Automated Living?
- Acquisition Spree Highlights the Rush to Single-Brand Smart Home Self-Install Systems
- Smart Home Customer Data – The Next Revenue Opportunity?