Qualcomm Snapdragon: New Platform, Market Expansion & IoT Strategy
Qualcomm made some interesting new announcements at its second annual Snapdragon tech summit this month. The first was new partnerships with Microsoft, Sprint, Asus, and HP to bring to market the ‘always-connected PC’, running Windows 10 on the Snapdragon 835 mobile platform and leveraging 4G Gigabit LTE connectivity (alongside Wi-Fi). The second announcement was the new Snapdragon 845 platform, with support from AMD (on the Ryzen mobile processor), Samsung and Xiaomi (on the OEM side), focused on enabling 5G, Artificial Intelligence, and Extended Reality (notably Augmented and Virtual Reality), not only in smartphones, but also in connected wearables. The 845 includes a new security vault in addition to the existing Trusted Execution Environment capabilities of TrustZone.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Identities and Derived Credentials
- Contactless Ticketing Smart Card Technologies
- The IT versus OT Conundrum Brings New Cybersecurity Challenges for Connected Industrial Control Systems
- Payment & Banking Card Technologies Market Update
- eSIM: Consumer, M2M, and IoT Market Update