Facial Recognition to Transform the Shopping and Payment Experience
This week Intel, Foxconn Technology Group, and Asia Pacific Telecom offered their first public demonstration of facial recognition technology for retail usage. Some of the applications demonstrated included residential and business access control, a virtual shopping service app, and retail payment apps. Intel’s solution utilizes multi-access edge computing (MEC) 5G and artificial intelligence (AI) to enable the services.
To find out more about subscribing:
- IoT Tech Expo 2018: Highlights and Key Takeaways
- eSIM Connect 2018 – Despite Potential Threats, Operator eSIM Investment Continues
- Data Analytics for Digital Security
- Retailers Need a Fresh Perspective on Crowd-Sourced Delivery
- ForeScout Acquires Industrial Cybersecurity Firm SecurityMatters