Facial Recognition to Transform the Shopping and Payment Experience
This week Intel, Foxconn Technology Group, and Asia Pacific Telecom offered their first public demonstration of facial recognition technology for retail usage. Some of the applications demonstrated included residential and business access control, a virtual shopping service app, and retail payment apps. Intel’s solution utilizes multi-access edge computing (MEC) 5G and artificial intelligence (AI) to enable the services.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Identities and Derived Credentials
- Contactless Ticketing Smart Card Technologies
- Devices and Solutions for Workforce Productivity in Warehouse Logistics
- The IT versus OT Conundrum Brings New Cybersecurity Challenges for Connected Industrial Control Systems
- Payment & Banking Card Technologies Market Update