Facial Recognition to Transform the Shopping and Payment Experience
This week Intel, Foxconn Technology Group, and Asia Pacific Telecom offered their first public demonstration of facial recognition technology for retail usage. Some of the applications demonstrated included residential and business access control, a virtual shopping service app, and retail payment apps. Intel’s solution utilizes multi-access edge computing (MEC) 5G and artificial intelligence (AI) to enable the services.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Webinar: The Retail Revolution – Will Robotics and AI save Bricks and Mortar?
- Smart Retail Quarterly Update 2Q 2018
- Next-Generation Physical Access Control Technologies and Opportunities
- Why Operators Should Reposition as “eSIM Companies”
- Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, and Robotics in Brick and Mortar Retail