Atos Moves in for Gemalto
French IT services group Atos announced on December 11, 2017, that it had made an unsolicited bid in the region of €4.3 billion for Gemalto. The all-cash offer of €46 per share represented a 42% share premium, (as of Gemalto’s closing share price on the December 8th). However, and very typically, as of 12:45 GMT on the December 13th, Gemalto’s share price rocketed to €46.3 per share, wiping out and exceeding the premium per share offer from Atos. On December 14th Gemalto officially rejected the takeover offer stating that its growth areas within enterprise, cyber security and M2M were not reflected in the share price offer.
To find out more about subscribing:
- Mobile Identities and Derived Credentials
- Contactless Ticketing Smart Card Technologies
- The IT versus OT Conundrum Brings New Cybersecurity Challenges for Connected Industrial Control Systems
- Payment & Banking Card Technologies Market Update
- eSIM: Consumer, M2M, and IoT Market Update