Cellular M2M Rate Plans: Next Up Is “Throttling”-as-a-Service
Cellular operators are deploying M2M services with the latest LTE Cat-M and NB-IoT technologies with rate plans for IoT applications and M2M services that are following the traditional smartphone data plan approach. In many applications, the IoT mostly-sleepy-node model is expected to contribute relatively light data loads, on average. Average is a difficult concept in many IoT applications: while the anticipated traffic under normal conditions may be easy to estimate, the exceptional event or emergency attention messages will need both priority handling and reliable network access. M2M cellular data service is evolving to “bandwidth on demand,” and the critical question is, will capacity be available when needed?
To find out more about subscribing:
- Latin America Network Operator M2M Market Analysis
- Can Electronics Distributors Become the Next Center of Gravity for IoT Solution Enablement?
- MVNO Exit Highlights Difficulties for Brazilian Mobile Network Operators
- Additive Manufacturing, Spare Part Perpetuity, and the Rise of the Microfactory
- The IoT Network That Has Always Been There